How many of you actually like it when your phone keeps on beeping again and again? Most of the people will say no. Just imagine that your friend is having his birthday next week. He has been texting you again and again about the events and the arrangements. You will start groaning after some time. Don’t worry; this can be sorted. Just clear up the screen by deleting the group. Follow the below-given steps and get sorted:
There is an alternative to leaving the group
You don’t want to offend the people. Do you? Most of us don’t want to hurt people directly by leaving the group. So here comes another option that is used most times. Users can just mute the notifications. You can mute both the text and audio notifications.
Just mute out all the sound and the “pop-ups”. Users may easily explain out required information whenever you are free and feel like. Follow the below-given steps to find out the mute settings.
- Go to the top and click the title of the group
- Look for the Option of Mute
- Keep scrolling downwards till you see Mute option. Click on it. Say No if you haven’t used it before.
- Users need to decide on their own the length of Mute
- There is no permanent option, unfortunately.
- Select one out of the three offered options.
- You can take it for a year.
- Just renew it if you find the year coming towards an end.
- Tap to find out if the Mute has adequately been applied or not
- Keep scrolling back downwards to Mute again.
- Users will find out that it has been changed to Mute with a specific date and time.
If you are one of those with zero tolerance then simply muting out a WhatsApp group won’t be enough, you need to leave it. It is very easy to leave the group. You can use either of the given ways.
- Go to the WhatsApp and swipe left on the main screen of WhatsApp.
- Users will be prompted with two options- Archive and More.
- Click More.
- You will see some options like Exit Group.
- Click that and get away from the mess.
- This method involves clicking the title of the group.
- It will be at screen top.
- Scroll downwards till you get to an option of Exit group.
- Click on that particular option, and you are done.
- This is again not going to shut out the group permanently, but it won’t show up on your screen.
Allow the members to withdraw
Usually, after the event related to the group is over, participants can leave the group. However, some participants are there who just don’t get out of it. Throw them out by using this process:
- Go to the top of the screen and click the group’s title.
- Get to the participants’ section by scrolling down.
- Click on that particular name.
- Users will see a list of options.
- Users will get the option of removing that particular person by looking at the bottom.
- If you want to make that person group admin, then you can do that also.
- If you have changed your mind of deleting the group, then make someone else the admin.
Mathew Anderson is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Mathew has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup