Are you running iOS 12 on your iPhone? Good news for you all iOS 12 users have now got an enhanced set of security features available than before. On September 12 Apple released its new products and services including the iOS 12 software update for iPhone and iPads. While Apple has committed to providing enormous security and privacy on its iOS 12 and other devices, and it allows the users to use these new devices in knowing some susceptible information is safe. However, Apple adds multiples of security features in its iOS 12 which responds to ever-evolving threats and some new ways so that users can easily interact with the World.
If you are searching for the new security tools and features, your search is over here. There are various helpful security settings and tools offered by Apple in iOS 12 which you have to enable right now to protect your information and reduce the security risk. ‘
Best Security Features of iOS 12
Feature-1: Select Available Features from Your Lockscreen
Before using this feature, we advise you that the users of iPhone always have to protect their device with a passcode, but based on your settings, lots of information can be accessed when your device is locked. Therefore, it is because your iPhone lock screen can permit you to easily access text messages, Phone calls, Siri, and many more things you want to do with the iPhone. But don’t worry, now the iOS 12 allows you to control what features you have to available on your lock screen. Modify those settings by following the below-given methods:
- Hit the “Settings” icon to open the settings window.
- Press the “Face ID & Passcode” option on your iPhone.
- Now, provide your “Passcode” under the box.
- After that, scroll down the screen and choose “Allow Access When Locked” section.
- Under the “Allow Access When Locked” section options are as follows:
- Today view.
- Control Center.
- Notification Center.
- Reply with Messages.
- Home Control.
- Return Missed Calls.
- USB Accessories.
- If any of the available feature you want to block access to from the lock screen, click on the slider to off position to disable that option.
Feature-2: Set Autofill Passwords Requires Touch ID or Face ID
In iOS 12, luckily there is a setting which can make accessing your saved usernames and passwords more secure than before. Here how to enable that feature:
- Press the “Settings” icon to open it.
- Click on the “Face ID & Passcode” option appears on your iPhone settings section
- Next, type your “Passcode” in the box appears on your screen.
- Finally, click on the “Password Autofill” slider to “On” position enable it.
Once you changed the settings to enable position, the saved username and password can only be accessed by only someone who can authorize themselves by using the Face ID and Touch ID.
Feature-3: ‘Turn On’ USB Restricted Mode
Sometimes, some devices are used by the law enforcement to breached iPhones, but it can be used by anyone who has access to your phone. These devices are easily connected to your iPhone by simply using the USB. Now, in iOS 12 has its new features by which you can block that device. Here how to enable it:
- Hit “Settings” icon to launch the settings window.
- Press the “Face ID & Passcode” option.
- After that, provide your iPhone “Passcode” in the box appears on your screen.
- Now, drop-down the screen and select “Allow Access When Locked” section.
- Finally, click on the “USB Accessories” slider to turn it off.
Marshall Lyne is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup mcafee.com/activate office.com/setup norton.com/setup office.com/setup norton.com/setup