The error code 0x800706BE occurs on Windows 10 while the users are trying to update their computer system. However, this Windows 10 update error is one of the most common and widespread error encountered by multiples of Windows 10 users. Generally, users may experience this issue while trying to boot the computer system or implementing any other specific apps and many others.
Usually, this error caused by lots of other reasons like due to the service handling confliction that means the transmission of any file between the clients and the server is turned off. Thus, various other causes can generate Update error code 0x800706BE on Windows 10 computers.
Symptoms of Error Code 0x800706BE
- System crashes the active program window.
- The system responds slowly to the mouse and keyboard input.
- Slow system performance.
- Unable to run any definite application.
- Not able to download available system update.
Causes of Error Code 0x800706BE
However, we defined the most common causes of error code 0x800706BE, but there are lots of causes which triggers the error. They are as follows:
- Issue related to application confliction.
- Blocked Firewall issue.
- Corrupted or damaged system files.
- System date and time is incorrect.
- Incompatible hardware or software.
- Outdated system drivers.
- Failure to start a particular application
Here we provide you complete step by step guide that helps you in troubleshooting the error code 0x800706BE on Windows 10 computers.
Steps to Fix Update Error Code 0x800706BE on Windows 10
To fix this error without encountering any unwanted error, follow the steps in the exact sequence. Irrespective of how, when, and why this error occurs on your screen, instead of this you need to worry about how to solve this error easily. Here how to easily and simply fix this error code 0x800706BE:
Solution-1: Reinstall the Problematic Device
Due to improper or incorrectly installed or corrupted device error code 0x800706BE might trigger on your system. The following steps may help you in troubleshooting it:
- Click on the ‘Start’ icon to open the start menu.
- Search for the ‘Device Manager’ option in the start menu search box.
- Click on the ‘Device Manager’ to open the Device Manager window.
- Look for the ‘Problematic’ device in the list appearing on the screen.
- Now, right-click on it and click on the ‘Uninstall Device’ option to reinstall it permanently.
- Once completed, restart your computer system to save and apply the changes.
Check for the error code 0x800706BE is fixed or persist. If persist, follow the next method to troubleshoot the error.
Solution-2: Run the Update Troubleshooter Tool
We recommend you to check the problem if it is related to the Windows update; run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool. To run it, follow the instruction:
- Press the ‘Start’ logo to open the start menu.
- In the start search box, enter the following path ‘Troubleshooter’ and click on the Enter key.
- After that, press Windows + I keys to launch the Settings menu.
- In the Settings menu, search for the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Next, hit ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ option.
- Once done, restart your computer system to apply the changes.
Check for the error code 0x800706BE on Windows 10 is fixed.
Joey Williamsis a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup